It’s been some time since I’ve given you an update about Trinity.
We believe in quality rather than quantity, but you will be the judge of that. Of course, if the quality is poor as well, you should thank us for not emailing you more often.
First, I’d like to thank you for supporting Trinity for the past few years. We are growing by 315% YTD (which is easy when you’re small). If we continue to grow at this pace, we’ll have $3.2 billion in premium in five years. The magic of compound interest! I imagine our growth rate might start to ease off a little in the future. But if we keep working hard, maybe we’ll be able to remove the small print from our booth exhibit (see photo).
On a more serious note, we have had some important developments:
- We have hired three new underwriters this year. Chelsea Petre, Lizza Cuenca and Sarah Suschkov. Along with Salimah Ismail and Pam Segami, we now have a full variety of experience and skill sets to better support all our product lines and improve our service levels. Please visit our website: www.trinityunderwriting.ca to learn more about them and us.
- We have increased our product offerings. In addition to E&O, Tech, D&O, Healthcare Products Liability and package coverages we now offer Legal Expense, Cyber, Equipment Breakdown and an expanded General Liability appetite on a wider range of risks including those with higher US exposure.
- We insure tougher E&O classes such as Financial Institutions, Mortgage brokers, Land Surveyors, Lawyers and Engineers to name a few.
- We have improved our commission levels. We pay at least 20% on most of our products.
We realize there are plenty of choices out there, so why should you deal with us?
- Innovation. We look for new ideas and solutions. Our experience and relationships with markets, both domestic and international, make it easy for us to come up with new products and approaches. After all, the principals have a reputation for imaginative underwriting.
- Claims. Your claims are handled by Cameron and Associates, a leading TPA with decades of experience handling tricky liability losses. And we are in adjacent offices (not adjacent continents), so we can work together easily to ensure good service.
- Focus. We are a liability and specialty lines market. We can’t help you with your property exposures, but fortunately there are many markets that can. If they disappear, call us!
- Service. Small companies should be able to outperform larger ones. We are small. If you send us a submission or ask us a question you will hear from us in 24 hours guaranteed! If we fail on that promise, we don’t deserve your business.
- Don’t tell anyone, but we’re working on an instant (within 90 seconds) quote, bind, pay & issue policy system that you can put right on your website for your clients to access. Think of it as another CSR, working for you 24/7. Stay tuned for more on that.
So that is a little update on Trinity. Please call, email or text if you would like more information. If we hear from you, we’ll have someone come to your office to give you a full overview (if that sounds like a disincentive to call us – we’ll only do that if you want us to).
Finally, an incentive. On The first two new accounts we bind with you after this update, you’ll get a 5% bonus commission. Note this will be for the next three months only, so act quickly!
Enjoy the summer.